Monday, July 18, 2011

Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Pt. 2 Review.....and a random Youtube video

I am far from a professional movie critic, so taking this review with a grain of salt does not hurt my feelings. However, I am an avid HP fan boy and just had to bore you with my opinion on the final movie, briefly.

 What I did NOT like: Snape's death scene, entirely too cheesy and awkward between Harry and Snape.  The absolutely BLINDING white scene when Harry is caught in limbo. Not only is the blinding white light hideously annoying in a movie theater, Dumbledore's demeanor throughout the scene screams GAY and AWKWARD. The epilogue scene. In my opinion, it would have been completely fine to use different actors to portray the nearing 40 year old versions of Harry and the bunch. Not to mention the scene was again cheesy and awkward. So my only real gripes with the movie were the emotional scenes. They didn't seem to reflect how a reader would envision these scenes from the book (though hardly anything from the movie really does).

 What I DID like: Neville's epic development from an awkward and nervous kid into an outspoken, brave character. Warner Brother's did something right on this one. This was a rare moment I truly made a book-to-movie connection. Mcgonagall's defending Hogwarts scene was also epic. I must admit, I got the chills on that scene. The fighting scenes overall were pretty intense IMO. From the castle defense to the death of Bellatrix LeStrange to Harry and Voldemort's final duel, I was on the edge of my seat.

     Overall, I had no choice but to love it. It was the ending to an epic saga which I have followed since childhood. The ending to the series which had me fall in love with reading. I gladly forgo my gripes about the film simply for that reason.

           You know that friend that everyone has? The one who is obsessed with conspiracy theories and hangs from the fringes of the political spectrum? Yeah, I had the umm....pleasure??....of hosting him the past few days while he awaits to move into his new apartment. Over the course of these days, he has ranted on about his political beliefs as much as I would listen, and he finally talked me into watching one of his favorite "informational" movies on Youtube. I submitted, and sat reluctantly as "The Money Masters (Part 1 of 22)" buffered. At first, I was praying he only expected me to watch part one. Much to my surprise, I became very interested and continued to watch all the way through Part 15. In a nutshell, the video is made with the purposes of informing the general population about the origin, establishment, and existence of the Federal Reserve and the dangers it poses. Look guys, I'm not a right-wing nut, but I'm also not closed-minded and love to see why other people think the way they think. This movie was at the very least thought-provocative. It seemed to be rooted in historical evidence, however I have not been able to look into it further to verify sources just yet. For those of you interested, I recommend you check it out if not for any other reason but to hear a different perspective on the United States monetary system.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXb-LrVkuwM

            That's it for today! I plan on discussing iOS 5 and iPhone 5 rumors tomorrow, as well as....well whatever I feel like discussing.

No comments:

Post a Comment